Landslide buries buildings in Shenzhen, China

Landslide buries buildings in Shenzhen, China

Emergency workers were desperately trying to find no less than 91 individuals who were missing on Monday after an enormous landslide cleared through many structures in southern China. 
 
An enormous hill of rubble, sand as well as construction waste pummelled into 33 buildings - including labourer quarters - at a nearby industrial park in the city of Shenzhen, which is located across the borders of Hong Kong. 
 
Xinhua state news organization said on Monday morning that 91 individuals were missing - 59 men and 32 women – this is an increase from the smaller figure of 59 people that was reported on Sunday evening. 
 
Reports also say that a zone of more than 60,000 square meters (650,000 square feet) was concealed with up to six meters (20 feet) of mud. 
 
“The landslide was allegedly caused by improper storage of waste soil, which had been piled up to some 100 metres high at an old quarry site,” reported by the Global Times daily paper on Monday. 
 
A gas pipeline is said to have exploded after the landslide begun at around 11.40am, as per reports. More than 900 individuals were cleared from the area however there are no reports of deaths on Monday morning. 
 
A collective of 1,500 individuals were hunting down the missing and many fire brigades were dispatched to assist at the site. 
 
China has a poor mechanical safety record, which has struggled to keep up with rate at which the country’s economic growth is increasing by. 
 
Industrial mishaps are quite common, with safety regulations regularly neglected as a result of cost-cutting or corruption. 
 
In August 2015, a terrifying blast claimed the lives of more than 160 people, and many injured due to the incorrect storage of chemicals. 
 
Click on the following link to watch a video captured by a drone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_js6JSfidc