Step by step plan to higher search rankings – Using tricks like Exact match domains or fake backlinks do not work in today’s search.
1) Page Speed – as mentioned previously, site speed has been publicly confirmed that page speed is rank signal. Google doesn’t reward fast loading websites, it penalises slow loading websites – Google’s priority is to provide the user with the best possible result.
2) Run a technical SEO Audit – login to Google Search console and check out the crawl status sections and make sure there are no errors.
Click on the crawl errors button, and check for any server errors, (404’s) you want to fix these ASAP
3) Keyword Research. Use Google Suggest – enter a keyword in search but do not press enter, look out for the long tail suggestions that drop down below.
Find untapped keywords in Google Search Console – Look for keywords that you already rank for on page 2 and page 3. With a little on page and off page SEO help, you can get these words to the first page easily.
Use SEM Rush for keyword research – SEM rush is unique, you enter your competitor’s website, and SEM rush will show you all their keywords that they rank for.
4) Content Development – Just publishing unique content regularly doesn’t work anymore.
Publishing less often and making each piece of content that you do publish the best content out there.
Make your content actionable – Highly practical content ranks higher than unpractical content.
5) Make sure your content is at least 1890 words long – highly practical long posts
6) Make infographics part of your content marketing strategy, infographic get an average of 2.3 times more shares than other pieces of content.
7) Link Building – after you publish a piece of content it’s time to promote it.
· Content promotion and link building.
· To find pages with lots of external links in your niche – Type “Keyword + helpful resources” and “keyword +INURL:LINKS”.
· Find a page that you want to get a link from.
· Find broken links on that page.
· Let the site owner know about the broken link.
· Offer your content as a suitable replacement
8) User experience signals in 2015 Google announced that they now use a machine learning algorithm called “Rank Brain”.
Rank brain measures how users interact with your website in Google Search, and ranks you based on user experience signals.
There is a correlation between organic CTR and rankings, hence page with a higher CTR ranks higher than pages with a lower CTR.
Pages with a bounce rate below 76% tend to rank better, the lower your bounce the better you rank.